Make a one-time or monthly donation to impact the lives of people with developmental disabilities. Click the giving button below to access our secure online form.
To give by mail, please send checks payable to: Magnolia, 100 Central Avenue Jefferson, LA 70121.
To make a gift or pledge by phone or to inquire about giving to Magnolia, please email us or call (504) 731-1324.
To make a gift of stocks, bonds or mutual funds please click here.
Magnolia Community Services (formerly The Magnolia School, Inc.) is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions to Magnolia are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Thank you for your support!
Other Ways to Give
Planned Giving Planned gifts are a smart, thoughtful way to help secure the future of Magnolia Community Services. Planned gifts are extremely flexible and can provide peace of mind for you and for your family and help you achieve your philanthropic goals. Gifts in Your Will There are many ways of giving that can be beneficial to Magnolia and to your family. One of the easiest ways is supporting Magnolia through your will by establishing a gift in your will, commonly known as a bequest. There are many ways to include Magnolia in your will:
- A gift in your will of a certain percentage of your estate coming to Magnolia.
- A gift in your will that allows Magnolia to receive the remainder of your estate after all specific bequests have been made.
- A gift in your will that provides for the distribution of property in the event one or more of your named beneficiaries does not survive you.
- A gift in your will will provide your loved ones a lifetime income and assures an eventual gift to Magnolia.
By making a gift to Magnolia in your estate plan, you can continue to help us enhance the lives of people with developmental disabilities well into the future. In addition to this opportunity to make a difference, there may also be tax benefits to these gifts. Meet with your financial professional to learn more. Gifts That Pay You It’s true. Annuities are gifts that also generate income. Annuities allow you to receive a substantially larger return over the life of the gift and have several benefits, including:
- Immediate tax benefit; some income may also be tax-free
- Annuity payments can be made to one or two person
- Present rates are usually 4 – 8% more than bank certificates
Annuities are specifically for donors at least 50 years old and rates are determined by age. The rates are set by an actuary and require a minimum gift of $5,000. Annuities are a popular choice for donors who want to receive a steady income stream in retirement. In-Kind Gifts Magnolia is happy to accept in-kind of donations of new and like new items. To see our current donations wish list please view the Magnolia Wish List. Thank you in advance for your support. If you are interested in planned giving or have any questions about making a gift to support Magnolia Community Services, please contact us at (504) 731-1324 or email@example.com.