What is a Developmental Disability?
Developmental disabilities are a group of conditions causing an impairment in physical, learning, language, or behavior areas. About one in six children in the U.S. have one or more developmental disabilities or other developmental delays. People with disabilities represent the largest minority in the world. To learn more, visit:
The following links provide information on local and federal agencies that oversee programs and provide resources for people with developmental disabilities:
- Metropolitan Human Services District
- Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Benefits
- Department of Health and Hospitals
- Jefferson Parish Mobility Impaired Transportation System (MITS)
Contact the Louisiana Legislative Auditor (LLA) Hotline if you suspect the misappropriation (theft), fraud, waste, or abuse of public funds by anyone.
Online: Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Toll-Free: 1-844-50-FRAUD (1-844-503-7283)
Caregiver and Family Support: Magnolia Friends & Family Association